Friday, August 21, 2009

Blessed Be The Pain


image source

Blessed be the pain,
that we may know the lack of it.
Smile for the fear,
for it makes us brave,
and for the poverty,
because it makes us rich.
Always love the nightmare,
so we will love the dream,
and embrace the loneliness,
that we may hold camaraderie.
Thanks unto the confusion,
that we may know clarity,
and unto the drudgery,
that we may know relaxation.
Blessed be the pain,
that we may know the lack of it.


Creative Commons License
This work by mysticdave is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful. Quite timely that I am reading this while listening to The Dance by Garth Brooks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is my mot favorite of all your poem. I really relate to this philosophy and live it in my life. It is powerful. We get to embrace ALL of our life as meaningful and not just the 'good' or easy times. Good job. :)

    This is posted by Robin Easton at Nakedineden.com. Google is not using my name. A mix up there that I'm trying to sort out. :)Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully expressed and so true ..

    ReplyDelete
  4. this really good..."smile for the fear" is a really good line

    ReplyDelete